“Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.” (Phil. 1:2)
Hello friends my name is Jim Noggle, Pastor at LCUMC. It is wonderful that you are checking out the wonderful ministries of Lake City United Methodist Church. If you haven’ already, I hope you will feel free to worship with any time! This church is filled with love, and the folks here are warm and welcoming every time they gather in Christ!
I can witness to this because these folks have warmly welcomed me as a new-comer July 1, 2023. My ministry began back in 1986 by filling in for pastors and serving as a Lay-Speaker in the United Methodist West Michigan Conference. I was appointed to my first church in 1989 and served various churches around Michigan for thirty years. I retired from full-time pastoral ministry in 2019 and continue to serve as churches have need,
Over the years I have been blessed with educational opportunities through various institutions including; Spring Arbor University, Garret Evangelical Theological Seminary, and Methodist Theological Seminary of Ohio. Through these experiences I have also been blessed to study at the Jerusalem Center for Biblical Studies in Israel, Study of the Emerging Church in Vietnam and Cambodia, as well as several travels to other countries for Mission work. These include Korea, Syria, Mexico, and Costa Rica.
I have been married to my wife, Karen, since 1978. She is a retired Licensed Veterinary Technician. We live in our dream home on a secluded and quiet piece of God’s country we like to call Tranquility Ranch. We have three sons who live in Traverse City, Lake Isabella, and Wisconsin respectively, along with their wives and each with two children. Those six grandchildren are a real blessing to us all!
As for my Values, here are five things to know about me:
- I believe there is a place in the Church for every person. (Jn. 14:2)
- I believe the only failure is giving up. Thomas Edison failed in his first one-thousand attempts. He said, “The light bulb was invented with one-thousand steps!”
- I believe every faith community can grow. The key is to find the one thing done with success and sing the doxology all over town to sow the seeds for the next success.
- I grew up in an entrepreneur’s home and have been one my entire life. Ministry, when used as a verb, is in its natural state of life entrepreneurial!
- My priorities have always been consistent; God first, Family second, Work third. When God is first in everything, I can be my best in anything!
And there you have it! Thank you so much for taking the time to read these words. And I pray God rich blessings upon you as you explore and grow in your faith.
See Ya in Church!